I'm baaaaaaack and full of rage! Yay?

Hating Teaching from Home Since 2020.

15 July 2011

Short Rant

The next politician, pundit, deformer or school official to worry about the technology gap and students unprepared for the glorious global computerized future economy* owes my classroom new computers.

I have two seventeen-year old computers in my classroom.  One of them cannot be connected to the Internet; the other valiantly attempts it but crashes attempting to load anything not optimized for seventeen year old computers (for instance, email).

These are a far more severe impediment to my students seeing themselves as people who use computers than state legislation with which SFUSD schools are in compliance already.**

*bleargh on that anyway.
**And good on you anyway, California!  Anything that gets commenters at the Chronicle that riled up is a positive without even considering the merits (and in this case, the merits are considerable).

No comments: