threeFOUR fairly large grants funded on Donors' Choose. I have a nice new set of art supplies, fourteen language arts games and kits, a workbench and tools, and a puppet theatre and all kinds of extras being delivered next year.
- Met with someone who's running for school board.
- Spoke on a panel for some education reformers. Deformed reform.
- Met with some Teach for America people about My Issues with Their Programming.
- Discussed My Issues on the phone with some national office Teach for America people.
- Made several hundred math counters out of Sculpey.
- Made dollhouse food out of Sculpey.
- Made beads out of Sculpey.
- Watched a lot of footy.
- Received not one but two Bafana Bafana jerseys as gifts.
- Used lack of television to justify watching footy at the houses of friends and relatives.
- Trolled their closets for classroom donations.
- Friends and relatives felt unable to stop me because I thoughtfully carried a vuvuzela.
- And I know how to use it.
- Came up with a dollhouse.
- Used all saved-up World Cup vacation money purchasing salvage couture clothing.
- Justified same as supporting fair trade labor, DIY ethic, etc.
- Purchased a large wooden kitchen for classroom.
- Justified same by not purchasing fabulous sale silk cape.
- Managed not to justify further clothing purchases by noting that I did not purchase said cape.
- Had all the doctors appointments I neglected over the year.
- Made a brand-new set of alphabet discrimination materials for students who need extra support in visual processing.
ScheduledHAD necessary surgery (also neglected).
- Volunteered at two local organizations.
15 July 2010
My Summer Vacation is UPDATED.
is not over yet, but the back to school sales have sure picked up. Anyway, I have: