I think that NBC has the power and ability to make sure that audience malcontents like myself keep their malcontented mouths far, far away from microphones. I strongly doubt that I could get through "Waiting for the End of Public Education" without some snarky comments. I mean, I couldn't get through "Contact" without some snarky comments, and I had to leave "Titanic" forty minutes in. So I would be a known problem entity prior to the teacher panel.
The sad thing is that with ten years in public K-12, I HAVE outlived several reforms/programs, all of which were supposed to...well, do something:
- Reading First
- II/USP (aka "March of the Consultants")
- Small Schools (Gates Foundation iteration)
- Edison Schools
- Jr. 6th grade/moving 6th out of middle school/moving 6th back
- 20:1 class size reduction (SFUSD not included YAY)
- Full day Kindergarten (SFUSD not included)
- I could go on forever and ever but just making this list makes me jaded.