I'm baaaaaaack and full of rage! Yay?

Hating Teaching from Home Since 2020.

03 November 2011

Unsent Letters

Dear SFUSD,

The Data Director system continues to be so fun, what with the crashing and the overloads during report card season.

But now that the sixteen year old eMacs in my classroom are no longer compatible with the Internet, I can look forward to hours of mandatory work at home.

Admittedly, completing report cards is something no teacher can do within contract limits.  But it bothers me very much that I am not given the materials necessary to complete my job requirements.  You assume I'll spend my money on the supplies you don't buy, become the PE teacher so that your state requirements are met, and provide own technology so that I can provide written assessment reports on my students on the system you require me to use.

I'm not sure if you're more thoughtless or arrogant, actually, but please keep your spokespeople from bragging about out technologically ready schools and awesome student opportunities in my hearing for awhile.

Sincerely, etc.

No comments: